In News by Oluwaseun Samuel on the 16th, July, 2020

Neighborhood In Shock As 2 Die After Inhaling Charcoal Fumes Inside Bed room In Anambra

Community In Shock As 2 Die After Inhaling Charcoal Fumes Inside Bedroom In Anambra

charcoal fumes

File photograph

It has been reported that at least two folks, a 65 years previous lady and her 12 years previous home assist have died in Anambra State, after inhaling fumes from a charcoal hearth, ignited to maintain them heat and away from the chilly climate.

SP Haruna Mohammed, the spokesperson of the Anambra State Police command’s public relations officer mentioned the 2 have been found lifeless of their room on Wednesday by neighbours, after they did not get up within the morning.

Haruna mentioned, “Right now (Wednesday) being 15/7/2020 there was a report at Aguata Police Station by one Bernard Ezeuboaja ‘m’ of Umuchiana village, Ekwulobia in Anambra State that on the identical date at about 9:am, he found that his spouse one Obiageli Ezeuboaja ‘f’ aged 65 years and her home boy lifeless.

“The girl and her home assist, one Chikamso ‘m’ surname unknown aged about 12 years by no means awakened from sleep because the earlier evening. In consequence, he opened the door and found their lifeless our bodies.

“Following the report, Police detectives connected to Aguata division visited the scene and rushed victims to the hospital for medical consideration however they have been all licensed demise on arrival by a medical physician.”

Haruna mentioned that preliminary investigation revealed that the deceased set a charcoal hearth to heat the room on account of chilly climate, leaving all of the home windows closed and with out air flow.

He added that the charcoal container utilized in setting the fireplace was recovered as exhibit whereas corpses of the deceased individuals have been deposited at Ekwulobia hospital mortuary for post-mortem.

READ ALSO:  Panic As 70-12 months-Outdated Man Is Discovered Lifeless On His Farmland In Ondo

“Investigation is ongoing to establish circumstances surrounding the incident,” he mentioned.

Got Something To Say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

TRENDING

©Copyright - Naijatweet.com 2016-2020.

%d bloggers like this:
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Twitter

Fill the forms to signup