In News by Oluwaseun Samuel on the 05th, November, 2020

#EndSARS: I’ve Not Seen My Son For Over 1 Year After He Was Taken Away By Police

#EndSARS: I’ve Not Seen My Son For Over 1 Year After He Was Taken Away By Police

Mr Christopher Ukpuru, a father of one of the victims of police brutality in Delta State has spoken to the panel of inquiry in Delta state.

According to The PUNCH, the man told the judicial panel of inquiry sitting in Asaba that he has not set his eyes on his 33-year-old son, who was whisked away by the police during a raid at Ezenei Avenue, Asaba on August 8, 2019.

The father, Mr Christopher Ukpuru, narrated before the panel that he was at work on the day of incident when neighbours, who witnessed the raid informed him that his son, Mr Councillor Ukpuru, had been arrested by the police.

He said, “I left my place of work immediately to A’ Division Police Station, Asaba, but they refused me access to him, after a police officer confided in me that he was arrested and brought to the station.

“So, I decided to consult a lawyer to help me to see where my son is. Till date, I have not seen my son. Since I gave birth to him, I have never seen him in any criminal activities.”

Earlier, in her inaugural speech, the Chairman of the panel, Justice Celestina Ogisi (retd.), said the panel had a mandate to receive and investigate complaints of police brutality or related extra-judicial killings committed within Delta State with a view to ascertaining their validity or otherwise.

READ ALSO:  UAE Convicts Six Nigerians Over ‘Boko Haram Funding’

Got Something To Say:

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*

TRENDING

©Copyright - Naijatweet.com 2016-2020.

%d bloggers like this:
Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Twitter

Fill the forms to signup